Sunday, December 17, 2006

Strange things are happenin'

Since receiving my last AIM injection, earlier this month, I have really begun to notice an accelerated series of biological and constitutional reactions. First and foremost, my chronic digestive problems have dramatically improved, of late. My very annoying but constant companions, constipation and reflux (diagnosed as IBS, years ago), have suddenly gotten much better. I have become much more regular (yeah, I shoulda warned you to cover your ears), and my ever-persistent reflux symptoms, have all but disappeared.

But what really makes me certain that something's going on, deep inside of me, is this constant feeling of vertigo that I just can't seem to shake. I am not sure if I would call this "euphoria," but I sort of feel kind of high and loopy, all the time. At times, it's more of a hollow and foggy feeling, and it sometimes scares me to think that maybe the HIV dementia symptoms will get worse before they will get better. I've also been sleeping more, lately, which is probably a good thing. Even though I feel tired, a lot, the years of low-grade insomnia have probably left me more than just a tad bit sleep deprived.

Anyway, I will get my next shot, later this week. Dr. T has indicated that, now that we've hit the three-month point, we should start to seem some dramatic and positive changes in my lab work. My next blood draw will take place in mid-January, so I am very excited to see if what I am intuitively feeling, inside, will be validated by my labs.

Should I not have a chance to write again before the holidays have come and gone, I wish you warm and happy moments with those you care about, most.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home