Monday, March 26, 2007

Turning the corner

Although it's been awhile since my last post, my intent, from this point on, is to use this blog mainly to post updates and milestones. I'll continue to post other content, as the need arises, but now that I'm seven months into this treatment protocol, I think we're all most interested in one thing: the results!

My most recent lab results were, unfortunately, screwed up. The nurse at my doctor's office was a substitute, and she incorrectly marked the lab form to test for Lyme's disease, but not HIV. Apparently, both tests use a form of the Western Blot method. However, we did get a good CD-4 result, which shows continued improvement. Here are the most recent stats:

3/14: CD-4 - 289

2/13: CD-4 - 272, VL 177,000

Given that my CD-4 had dropped as low as 232, earlier this winter, this is pretty significant progress.

Otherwise, I just received my latest injection on Saturday. Other than having some flu-like symptoms on the first night, the reactions continue to become shorter in duration.

Next month, we will repeat the labwork, but at that time, they'll include a test for the P24 protein marker. This will apparently measure the virus' ability to replicate, with the expectation that it will be very low or non-existent. Otherwise, now that we're past the six-month point, we should begin to see very dramatic improvements. Symptom wise, that is already very much the case, with so many of the chronic or low-level symptoms either improving, or disappearing altogether.

Stay tuned.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home